I have come to HATE sunday nights....
There is only one reason for this.
School is the next day.
Please note the following items:
-I love teaching. Each day is an adventure, and I have a bunch of kids to impart my knowledge on.
-I love my school. Though we are working through the kinks of a brand new school... We are all passionate about what we do. Teaching. And we are all good at it.
-Really, and truely i am not a bitter teacher who hates her students and can't wait for the day to be over. In fact, my day flies by and suddenly I'm done.
But... after three weeks of sleeping in and not seeing some of the knuckleheads that plague my classroom - I'm beginning to like it. I think anyone would rather stay at home in thier PJs and watch day time TV. I know i do.
But... I am the worlds largest and biggest procrastinator. I was planning on using my time home to catch up on grading, and also to lesson plan so I wouldn't be in the place I am here at 8pm on sunday night.
And this leads me back to Sunday Night, and the hatred I have for this type of night. Here I am, avoiding the inevitable with facebook, blogging, unpacking a box... anything to get away from the lesson planning, the finishing of the new seating charts, the looming pile of notebooks...
Maybe tomorrow will be review of rules day....
2 comments:
I hear you. Sundays are my least favorite day because of all the stress that goes with them.
Jr. High teacher here...Next year will be better! God willing you teach the same grade/ subject. Take your plans from this year and put them in a computer created lesson plan. Make notes on the lesson that work and don't work and update it each year. The main skeleton is done and life is WAY less stressful! :) Good luck.
Post a Comment