Friday, August 10, 2012

A Blank Nursery

Way back in June, we cleared out our spare room for our little man.    A clean slate.   The room was our overflow room.  The room that held those last few boxes from our move two years ago.  No wait... 3 years.


And there it sat. blank.   

  The one thing i KNEW i didn't want was a nursery in a box.  No pastels, no monkeys, no zoo animals, no baseball bats.  Which are apparently the only things you can buy at babies R us.  

Like if you are a boy, you must be interested in sports. baby blue, and sage green.  

sigh.  I digress.  

I wanted something bright and cheerful.   After Tad shot down my only two ideas: yellow/grey and owls.  I had to go back to the drawing board. 

I went with my nerd side and embraced that no child of mine would be put in a box.  Which then means I needed to find, organize and/or create everything myself.

First Step:

Picking out the fabrics were what sealed it for me.  Teal, orange, and... i later I added lime green.  Really a brightly colored array of jewel tones.   Plus awesome robots.

Enter Next: the crib.
Well, technically, before that was the gliding chair.   There was quite a bit of time between setting up the chair and setting up the crib, so alone sat the chair.  Like mother from psycho.


The last major part of this room:  The dresser/changing table.    Of course, the artwork is lovingly done by two amazingly talented co-workers of mine. They won't stay there, they have a place on the wall.

So there are the bare bones.   More to come for sure.

Wait... did I just post two days in a row???  


No comments: