(especially since they'll be in theaters this winter)
Back to why I'm a cheapskate: So instead of buying the book... I decide that the library is a better deal. So two months ago, I go to the library and see if any are available. The Librarian looks it up and ... there is a 291 person waiting list in the San Joaquin Valley Library System.
Now, Sarah Palin might say "thanks, but no thanks" and drive down to Russo Books and move on. But not I. NOT A CHEAPSKATE! nope. I wait. . . and wait.
And today I received my bountiful blessings. A call from Southwest Library that my book had been transported there and was ready for pick up.
THAT was worth so it!
3 comments:
That's a great story! You can think of it as using your resources wisely.
You are such a nerd! And I LOVE that about you!
Hi, I found you through Lorie's blog. My hubby's on a bus. trip and I was bored, so I was just clicking through. Then I recognized your hubby and I actually think we've met at a game night at the King's house. I'm Misha's best friend,Barbie. Anywho, I was reading this post and I also teach middle school language arts. Just thought I'd say hi! I admire your ambition to stay up to date on the newest book trends. I let my hubby read them and fill me in on the details :) He picked up Brisinger at midnight on Sat. and I'm sure he'll have it finished by the time he gets home :)
Post a Comment