I am in an intensive neglect-everything-eat-fast-food-cram-your-brain--your-job-depends-on-it type of mode. Tomorrow I will be taking the CSET Math SubSet I for the third time. I was 9 points then 15 points away. Its the ONE thing that is stopping me from getting a job as a real teacher. I was kinda a faker last year with not being "highly qualified." I passed SUBSET II (Geometry & stats) and this is the last tough hurdle. Its to the point that I am sick of it. I thought I ma have passed last time, thinking, i can squeeze in nine measly points.. but then found I am now further with 15 points away.
And here i sit studying formulas, theorems, inductions, matrixes, dot products cross products, vectors, proofs. My brain is swimming.
And every so often it clicks I look at my notations, I look at my computer screen (there are some great resources) and I get it. I really do. And then as I sleep it slowly seeps out of my brain.
So pray for me today, tonight, tomorrow (5 hours in a freakin' freezing room with ten pencils and a water bottle w/o the label) and pray for my nerves, and the peace I will get when my results come in next month. Just pray I don't fall apart. I am so sick of jumping through these hoops. Its like I can see the other side.... but through a telescope.
6 comments:
You are in my prayers!
Loves!
I'm cheering you on over here
(ra ra sis boom bah)
And don't forget your photo ID on your desk at all times.
This is why I could never teach math! I want to...it seems so much easier than English. There's only one right answer.
You can do it! I will pray that the questions just make sense to you today! I know how frustrating (and expensive) these tests can be! Let us know how it goes!
go alisa go! be the math nerd we know and love! you can do it! p.s. i'm jealous you get to take a standardized test with no. 2 pencils. i miss that. i'm a freak.
thanks for your guys' encouraging words I read them just as I was leaving for the test.
We'll just see how i did in a month. i don't feel confident that i passed, but i also am confident that i didn't go in there and scribble a bunch of randomness.
I have never seen math with exclamation points before! Ack!
I hope your test went well, I am sending you "passing juju"!
Post a Comment