Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I finally completed a project...

Just about a year ago... I visited one of my bestest friend from Vanguard and her newly married apartment living. She was showing me what a great idea it is to create frame artwork she did. we looked at her creation, and at the O'Dell's creation and a few inspiration walls.      And then we decided to head over to Paper Source gift wrapping department.  

I could spend all day there, i know (for a FACT) briana still frequents there quite often.

So now a whole year later.. i finally get around to it.  I guess probably because of the fact that I don't have a job.  Well a consistent job.

Drum roll...  here you go!
***EDIT*****  Here's a close up one....


a few shots of my handy-work.  Well,  Tad's handy work mostly.  Major thanks goes to my very patient husband.  Our first experience with a wall mounted level.

There's our lovely Target desk.   If you look really close you can see my Bad -A super dorky pen holder I made from recycled floppy disks from the Vanguard Days. (remember those)
  
Look on the inside and you'll see an inscription reading 
"Alisa Bernal's Disk  -  Box #88"


ON DECK FOR MY NEXT POST:  
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUY COMPUTER DESKS FROM TARGET.

8 comments:

Moore Musings said...

my my, this girl sounds brilliantly fantastic... ;)

yay for the decor! I need to go back there soon. hmmmmmmm. mooooore paper!!!!!

genius idea... come visit me and we will go together! eh? yes? no? :)

Eliza said...

I love it! Maybe it's just what I'm looking for to put over my bed? I need some kind of artwork there, so I can take down the shelf that looks like it's going to fall on our heads.

Janelle said...

Looks great. You did a wonderful job! We should get together on a day you have off and hang out.

Home Sweet Sarah said...

Holla!

Okay, so I'm confused...is that really framed wrapping paper?!

Awesome...and right up my non-crafy alley...

supercommonname said...

great artsy crafty idea blah blah blah...what I really care about is the awesome floppy disk pencil holder. That's flippin' brilliant lady. Proud of you. Mad propZ for real.

Alisa Marie said...

yeah, its wrapping paper, if you've ever been to paper source, they have walls and walls of single sheets (enough for one present of a few framed pieces) ranging from a couple of bucks to a like 10/12 bucks. Too expensive for a gift (IMHO) but great for a wall feature.


and yes jen, its pretty flippin awesome.

Andrea said...

you are fabulously creative, I love the idea.. I thought it was fabric at first...guess you could bust that out too-??? another idea for you maybe :)

venessa said...

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!