Last Thurs. was Thanksgiving, and Tad & I drove with his parents to visit his Grandparents, nan & pop (we were never a nickname your grandparents family... just grandma bernal and grandma solis). It was a 9-10 hour drive that we did ALL AT ONCE. Talk about fall asleep in the car and wake up with a the worst neck/back crick.
I think I can sum up our trip with a list of pros/cons to Oregon.
Benefits to Visiting Oregon:
+ The weather. I love the cold foggy weather and
snow on the ground.... ahhhh....
+ The Sales Tax. CUZ THERE IS NONE!
+ The Clean Air (not to be found in bako)
+ If your going to shop the day after thanksgiving, do it in a teeny Oregon town.
The Mall in town felt like our Target on a Sat. I didn't even have to wait in line.
Downfalls to visiting Oregon (and there's really only one):
- You have the propensity to get hit in the face with snowballs.
I'm talking like hit right behind the glasses stick in your nose kinda hit. by your loving husband. If we would have had a video you would have seen me crying ralphie style.
***EDIT*** My husband would like you to know that, at the time, snow had transformed him into a little boy... and that the act in question was not on purpose and he felt really bad afterwards.
3 comments:
HA! That sounds like something dan would do to me!!! it's amazing how snow just flips a switch in grown men, turning them into 5 year old little boys!!! So wrong.
I was pleasently surprised after a purchase to learn that Oregon didn't have any sales tax. Our drive this past July was a bit different. First there wasn't any snow. And second we had a 7 year old asking if we were there yet every 15 minutes and a 7 month old blowing out all of her diapers (while in her carseat)! Oregon really is a beautiful state. I'd love to visit again when the girls are older.
Hey Girlie!
I was in Oregon for Thanksgiving this year too visiting Joel's family! It's so nice up there, just beautiful. So I love looking at all your cool stuff on your blog. We need to keep in touch and hang out! ~Jill
Post a Comment