Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bids and Things

Taddy and I found a home we love!

And I'm not worried that we found one after only seeing 4 houses. When my family first moved into town we loved the FIRST house we saw. But then, to be diligent, we subsequently stomped through 20 or so more houses until finally realizing that the first one was perfect: pool, stockdale school lines, THE oaks, and split wing.
So I'm confident that the LORD showed Tad and I this house. It jumped out at my from my automated-email listings!

We put in our first bid to this house... and two days later the seller accepted our bid. BUUUUT its a short sale. so I'm thankful the seller responded,but we know the long drawn out process that it involves. (My sister bought a short sale house so I have a feel on what we can expect. oy!)



So knowing the bank could respond in a week or in months, we have been sitting on our savings account. I am so proud that Taddy and I have been saving our monies so well that we are able to afford our OWN down payment!!! What an accomplishment!!!! Saving every last penny!!!! This week though has kinda sucked, because usually we pull a bit out of our savings to cover our bums for those days before payday and repay ourselves when we get paid.... EXCEPT - we don't know when the bank is going to call on us and check out our account!!!! So I'm on a spending Freeze until Friday. No eating out - no quick trips to Von's - no sale perusing at Joann's....

7 comments:

supercommonname said...

The excitement level on this is sooooo high. Wahoo. Good luck :) Keep me posted!

Sarah said...

YAY! Congratulations! That is so exciting!

We had to look at - no joke - about 40 houses before we found The One. But it was totally worth it because this house has everything we wanted. Big on my list was a laundry room...not laundry in the garage, but an actual laundry room...and you'd be surprised at how FEW homes we looked at that had that!

Anyway, keep us posted on what happens; short sales can take awhile, but are usually pretty good deals, so hopefully it'll work out! I'm crossing my fingers for ya!

Jayne said...

SO happy for you both! Keep us updated!

Moore Musings said...

is there a bri room!?!?!

:)

Alisa Marie said...

Why yes there is! If you can't hobble up the stairs there's a bedroom downstairs!!


Thanks for all the well wishes guys - i will definutly keep you all in the loop!

Maxie said...

That's amazing! Good luck-- I hope everything works out.

Jana said...

CONGRATS Alisa & Tad!! That's so awesome! Let's see some pics and stuff!! :) :) I'm super excited for you guys. Good luck!