Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Actual Conversation.

Setting: Von's Deli

Deli Girl:  Hi, Can I help you?
Me:  Yes, (studying price labels)...  Can I have....  A THIRD OF A POUND of pepper turkey.
Deli Girl: Sure!
Me: (catching up on the days twitter and not paying attention)
Deli Girl: (Placing A HUGE MOUNTAIN of turkey on the scale.. close to a pound)
Me:  Um...  I only want one third.
Deli Girl:  One Quarter?
Me: One Third.
Deli Girl: So, like Less than a half?
Me: Yes.  Less than a half.

Dirty Looks exchanged.

And Scene.



This is why I  teach math.   everyday i must remind my students that that WILL need math in life. sigh.

4 comments:

Moore Musings said...

WOW.
just. wow.

Kyle Ray said...

Mrs. Moore stole my comment... WOW.

Jill said...

Who hired that girl to work in the meat dept?! Come on people!

Alisa Marie said...

Good. I'm glad i wasn't just being a condescending elitist.