Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cheap Tips # 1...

Ok,  I've been saving this one for a while now.    I've been meaning to share this because one, it'll save you money and two its a funny story.

i'd like to start sharing some tips because I'm a cheapskate.  Most of the them, I guarantee, if you are frugal enough .. you already know about... but some, hopefully, you might find helpful.

Tip # 1  Buying Bagels at Von's.


For the last year or so Von's has had their amazing freshly baked bagels constantly on sale a dozen for $3.99.  They also have prepackaged ones for $1.99.   NOW, if you are like me, its just me and my husband at home.   We cannot consume 12 bagels in a week.  just not happening.   BUT i HATE the prepackaged ones because they never package my favorite ones: wheat.   And if I were to buy the 6 individually it costs more then if i were to buy all 12. BUT i hate wasting.


Quite a predicament ...


Here's what to do:  Wait for the sweet bakery ladies and ask them kindly to print you up a NEW tag for a six pack of bagels (It'll usually say 6 plain or 6 sesame because there is really no tag for assorted).  Then mix and match your favorite six bagels for the $1.99  and slap that tag on your bag.

Here's what not to do:   Take up the six bagels without a preprinted stickers and ask for the $1.99 price.  You WILL ruffle the cashier's feathers and you WILL get into an argument with the manager about how you've done it before and you'll do it again... and you WILL pay the full $4.74...   Just ask for a preprinted tag and let it be just between you and the bakery girls what you're doing!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

I love you too, lady! My life is better with you in it.

richelle jean said...

hahah this is funny i like it and will have to try it at my von's.