Well, i'm not a fan of these.
In the past:
- I've tried to take a picture a day for a year,
- i've also tried to stay up on my blog .
- I've tried to give up Mt dew
- I've tried to set up a work out schedule
-I've planned to cut out take out and cook at home each night.
All of these i have HAD success with for a WHILE and then over time I either lost interest and it faded or I just failed miserably all together.
So in 2011, I'd hate to set myself up for failure.
Instead of "resolutions" and "promises" and "whatevers"
I've been thinking about what I love. I love to to create. I love to read. I love to try out new things. I love to cook. I love to connect & bless others. (not in that order, and a lot of those overlap.)
I wanted to stay away from professional goals, only because work stories are boring, i spend most of my time at work, and I need to be refreshed.
So i've created some "goals" Things I'd like to accomplish, things that will refresh my mind, my spirit and my soul.
1. For my crafting: My goal is to get more things into my shop. Its not a priority, My priority is to get back to that feeling of accomplishment I have when I complete a project! - but I'm going to challenge myself to CREATE something each week. I think I owe it to myself. I love making things to much, it can be something for lovealisa or it can be a gift to someone else, or it can be a fun thing for myself. Whatever the case nothing makes me happier then with i'm sewing/glueing/painting/beading/crocheting/designing.
2. For my reading: Recently I received a kindle for Christmas, and I HAVE BEEN FLYING through books! That said, I AM on vacation from school, and i'm sure once I go back I'll lose a lot of time. So I think I"m going to set a goal of reading ONE book each month.
3. For my new things: Since I've shown Tad how cool etsy is for my little teeny shop, and how many people make a living off of their small companies, I have turned him away from a "Fox Books" type and into a more "shop around the corner." We've been trying out small businesses in town (We're not like LA, but there are a lot of places i haven't been to.) I'd like to make it a goal to visit ONE local or family owned business/attraction in town a month. This could be food, shop, theatre, etc.
4. For my cooking: This is simple. I'd like to be sharing a recipe/meal... twice a month. I'd like to do once a week - but... we're being realistic, not pie in the sky.
5. For my ministry to others: This is an interesting one. I think i'd like to challenge myself to connect with someone or some group twice a month. This can be an encouragement, coffee with an old friend, volunteering, donating time, money resources, gifting. This one i'm sure will morph over time. I'll take ideas on this one.
_______________________________________
This hope is that as I accomplish these things, i will start documenting them on here. My blog will be overflowing with posts, I will be proud of all i can do, and you will get to rejoice with me! So really its like a win-win-win.
6 comments:
I am a pretty big fan of this. :) Yay!
I am excited to get book/recipe/crafty ideas from you and hopefully bring them into my own home.
Glad to see you blogging AND back on Twitter, lady!
Missed ya.
Also, I love that you referenced You've Got Mail. Awesome.
Thanks girls!
Sarah - I'm so glad you got that!
mmmm maybe i'll try posting a comment as anonymous & see if that works? we shall see, my friend, we shall see! (aubs)
I now vote that Aubrey makes a blogspot under the name aubnonymous
Those are all very good things! For a moment I considered doing a "blog 365" project, with a different topic each day, but dismissed it. Maybe next year.
btw.... sign up for Wordpress so you can read my blog! please.
Post a Comment