If you know me. You know of my love for bacon. Or if you read this blog semi-occationally you know I love bacon. If you know me, you know the stories of how my dad would cook bacon for me on saturdays, and that beautiful smell came wafftling down the hall to my room to joyously wake me from my slumber...
So I've been hearing about the Bacon Ice Cream at Moo Creamery off Truxtun in Bakersfield.
Last night I convinced Tad to go hit up the Creamery for our first trip over there. What a great place! Everyone was soo nice and the ice cream was so fresh and tasty! We need MORE places like this in town! I love it!
I almost chickened out of trying the bacon ice cream, but Tad convinced me. It is the culmination as a bacon lover to at least give it a try. So we ordered it, but I added another scoop of pumpkin pie just in case. Its a good thing i did.
I came, I tried, and that's about it. I liked the maple ice cream base, but I could never be prepared for the chunks of bacon. Not a good choice. When we asked out bus boy if its a hit, he said, that kids LOVE it. Good, maybe I should have trying this 15 or 20 years ago.
I WILL be back at Moo Creamery - but not for the bacon ice cream! Ha!
1 comment:
I did the same thing and bacon has never been the same again!
Post a Comment