A few weeks ago a good friend posted about if she could pinpoint the 29 (one for each year) albums that influenced her.
I've been compling this list too. i've come to realize that I can catagorize my music into four distinctive, choronological periods. (some over lap, but thats because I was in transition.)
My hope is that if you knew me at those times, you will read this and say "oh, yeh, alisa always listened to this.."
1. The -I didn’t know any better…
1. James Taylor – Sweet Baby James (1970) (I wasn’t born, but it still was part of me.)
2. Santana's - Greatest Hit 1974
3. Michael Jackson - Bad (1987)
4. Michael W. Smith - Change your world (1992)
5. Celine Dion – Colour of my love (1993)
6. Jays of Clay – self titled (1995)
7. DCTALK – Jesus freak (1995)
8. NSYNC – Self Titled (1998) (one last hurrah)
The Discovery of Music…( I realize this comes after some of the other albums chronologically, but I know that I was growing and learning along the way.)
9. The Offspring – smash (1994)
10. Bush – Sixteen tone (1994)
11. Weezer – Blue Album (1994)
12. Alanis morriset te – jagged little pill (1995)
13. Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995)
14. Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack (1996)
15. Lauren hill – the miseducation of lauren hill (1998)
The College Era:
16. Nikka Costa – Everybody’s got their something (2001)
17. The Strokes – Is this it (2001)
18. John Mayer – Room for Squares (2001)
19. Josh Groban – Self Titled (2001)
20. Justin Timberlake – Justified (2002)
21. Jason Mraz – Live at Java Joes (2001)
22. The Postal Service – Give Up (2003)
The Now I know who I am:
23. Kings of Leon – Aha Shake Heartbreak (2004)
24. Franz Ferdinand – Self Titled (2006)
25. Ingrid Michelson – Boys and Girls (2007)
26. Vampire Weekend – Self Titled (2008)
27. Friendly Fires – Self Titled (2008)
28. Mayer Hawthorne - A strange Arrangements (2009)
2 comments:
Here's why I love you....dct and jars and my uncle m.dub :) romeo and juliet soundtrack (love) 16 stone and the green album :)
and I may or may not have mentioned to people in my life that if I never hear Room for Squares or Give Up it might be too soon :) thus I can confirm your hope :)
though I also talk about the Mraz concert and thank you for the introduction. :)
Fun list. This is clearly a good activity!
Yaaay! I totally want to do another list now, b/c as I read yours, Ikept saying: Me too! Haha. Love you friend!
Post a Comment